animal – day 3

Over the last two days, I cut and bent a lot more 1/2″ and 1/4″ rod for the animal’s basic skeleton (not in the medical sense). it’s now got a backbone, 4 legs, hips, and a couple of ribs. Finally last night, I started welding them all together. The main challenge was getting the pieces to sit still in place so that I could weld them. After a few long and frustrating sessions with the oxyacetyline welder, I finally switched over to the MIG, and like it a lot better! Next week I’ll add some head skeleture. Click here for current development pictures.

Recent Posts

Recent Papercuts

Menu