casting kent 2

This morning Brett and I put our second day into the kent-casting project. We removed the shims, cleaned up the edges between the sculpture and the rubber wall, and then applied the last (third) piece of the rubber mold. The pictures are in this album – scroll down to where it says “day 2”. Sharp-eyed viewers will notice that his left ear came off during the first layer, and you can see that it has been stuck on again by the second. You may also notice that the first piece of rubber, applied last month, has turned from pink to white. That’s because the pink rubber we used that day was actually NG, and all the steps of the whole first day had to be re-done.

Recent Posts

Recent Papercuts

Menu