Last bit of reclaimed mixed clay from the studio. Slumped over the orange kitchen mixing bowl. Decorated with blue and red slip; then sgrafitto carvings (so much carving). Painted on the lead-free clear glaze.
Teal slip. Four glazes (three inside, one outside)
Trimmed when it was a little too dry. Broke the bottom, fixed with bisque fix, which isn't really holding, and today added some white slip on the inside. • Carved and put in teal slip. • outside: brush-on clear glaze onto waves, handle, and ship only. Inside: asheley's best, then thin layer of patsy's green, then a little bit of penguin black just around the rim.
Carving, iron red slip paint, glaze: Opal and Patsy's Green
Was meant to be the container pot for an innner self-watering pot, but turned into a bowl. Made from Workshop-reclaimed clay • glazed half in opal, then realized that buttercream is low. Settled on Patsy's Green for the other half.
White and pink slip. Penguin black in one carving. Opal overall.
The plan is to decorate with pink or white slip, then glaze with opal so that it's purple/pink and blue. Waiting on test tiles. • Test tiles were unhelpful as the glaze was barely there. Poop. • Having a lot of trouble with the mishima because sponge keeps covering up the slip with ochre clay (same with scraping). Ugh. • I had left the last tree just carved, but today I decided to put Penguin Black in it (post bisque). I plan to dip it in opal.
Slip colors inside and outside. Painted-on zinc-free clear overall.
Reclaim clay - not sure what kind. Pressed a slab into the green bowl (which I had vaselined) and for a while I wasn't sure if it would come out, but once it dried enough, it just came out when I turned it upside down. The legs looks like a rocketship so I made the outside black with carved stars and Stargate symbols, and the inside a fiery core.
From studio reclaimed clay. Hand-built from 1/8" slabs. Blue/purple underglaze. Transferred on the letters. - one leg broke off of cup #2 after bisque. Cup #1 - waxed the letters and then dipped in matte white. Cup #2 - waiting on a fix.
Painted snake first, then carved a thin line as an outline. Waxed, carved thin lines, and filled with blue/purple underglaze. • Glazing - waxed the snake, then outside with AB and inside with KG. Came out great!
Not sure about the clay body. Built from slab draped over the outside of green kitchen mixing bowl. Glazed with Ashley's Best overall, then painted (with drips) Opal around the outside overlapping about 2-3 inches down, then painting matte white along the very top/rim also with drips. Cancelled the first glaze idea, washed it all off, and re-did with fewer drips (also added splatters inside). • Final - this is NOT how I intended it to look. I was picturing layering of the glazes, and hadn't thought they'd completely melt into each other. And where did the yellow come from. I am disappointed, but maybe I'll like it more after my original vision fades.
From a slab, though it was kinda thick so I had to carve out the inside a bit. The outside is decorated with some carved decorations and some blue/purple underglaze. • I left it to dry in my cubby at the Workshop and when I went in to put it on the bisque fire shelf, I saw that one of its legs had bent. Too late to unbend it, so I set it out to fire anyway. It'll be a little tippy. But I want to make another of these anyway.
Red & black underglaze, clear glaze, matte white inside.
Not actually sure what clay this was. Brittany gave it to me when one of her students rejected it. Rolled out a slab, cut from a pattern (3.5" top, 4" bottom) and cut a circle for the bottom. Pulled the handle, but attached it when it had gotten a bit too dry. The matte white might be very thick inside; I'm a little worried about it!
Final note: the clear glaze did me in. I'm pretty sad about it. The studio clear caused the red underglaze to run and spatter and just got weird and cloudy on the black. The matte white inside is fine.
Trimmed the inside, too, to fix the slant.
Painted iron slip around the top and bottom. Dip the whole thing in about 50% buttercream on one side, then Opal on the other side with a triangle of overlap.