I had some more time to spend working on this piece that I started last week. I developed the face quite a bit and warmed up the body a bit. She still looks a bit 1920s to me. I think she may still need some work … she’s got to sit for a bit.
Began working on this commissioned papercut last night. On Monday, I’d gone through a two-hour ordeal at Kinko’s, trying to figure out a way to get the design, which I created in photoshop printed onto a nice piece of paper. Last night, I found that the “ink” was rubbing off almost like powder! Have to work very carefully. Here’s a brief glance at the begun cut. Can’t say more, as the one of the ultimate recipients is in the dark about this project.
Last night I started this figure painting; next week I hope to spend another 3-4 hours on it and get it all finished up. Right now, she’s got a blueish grey background, but I’m thinking I’ll change it to something more racy, something bright.
A couple of days ago I finished this painting of Maria that I painted in class while learning how to work with oil paints. I spent this week fixing her colors, mostly, though here were also some drawing issues to fix. I’m quite pleased with the final product! More Info …
Started applying real color on top of the underpainting this week. Except for a little bit of burnt sienna on the very bottom of the canvas, she’s all filled in with real colors. If you look at the full body photo, you’ll see that she’s a bit on the blue side now. I’ll probably warm her up a bit next week.